DIY Mini S'mores Jars
By Michelle Pugle
In the glorious world of DIY, you don’t need a campfire to enjoy the ooey gooey chocolatey goodness of S’mores. You can whip up these single-serving desserts in repurposed TGOD glass cannabis jars in a matter of minutes.
We recommend serving these desserts during a backyard BBQ event or hoarding them all for yourself after putting the kids to bed. S’mores recipe adapted from here:
Before we dive into the instructions, let’s talk about a few tips to make this recipe as eco-friendly as possible:
- Make your own or source some organic graham crackers.
- Use Fairtrade certified chocolate.
- Make your own marshmallows.
- Use organic butter and cream.
Yield: 4 mini S’mores dessert jars
- 4 clean TGOD glass cannabis jars
- 12-16 graham crackers, crushed
- 2-3 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 chocolate bars, chopped
- ½ cup full fat cream
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- ¼ cup mini marshmallows
Now’s the fun part! Grab a saucepan and let’s get started.
- Warm the full fat cream in a saucepan until it begins to bubble.
- Turn off the heat.
- Slowly stir in your chocolate and set aside once it’s melted.
- Melt your butter and set aside momentarily.
- Fill your jars with ¼ of your crushed graham crackers.
- Pour in ¼ of your melted butter and mix.
- Layer with ¼ of your marshmallow fluff.
- Add ¼ of your melted chocolate and cream.
- Top with a few mini marshmallows.
You can really impress your guests or kick your craving for sweets by adding a few mini chocolate chips, sweetened coconut shreds, and crushed nuts to the top.
To add a touch of cannabis to your mini S’mores jar, simply add a few drops of your favourite organic cannabis oil to the full fat cream before adding your chocolate.
You can also keep things super simple and skip the chocolate melting step by replacing your chocolate bar layer with a few scoops of chocolate hazelnut spread.
If you want to stick with the classics and gift a S’mores jar to friends and family, simply layer crushed graham crackers, mini marshmallows, mini chocolate chips, and top with a graham cracker sprinkle and more mini marshmallows. You can secure these with your cannabis jar lid and add a personalized label and reused ribbon before gifting.